You are currently browsing the monthly archive for November 2007.
|If you’ve got the time, I’ve got the video’s! Here’s Thirteen YouTube videos I find very entertaining!1. This little baby is adorable. I kinda wish I could hear him laugh all day.
2. The evolution of dance. One’s guys interpretation that is pretty funny to watch.
3. I laughed so hard at this I almost peed my pants. My husband loves that movie. The 300 techno remix!
4. Old lady gets this guy good.
5. I hate spiders with a passion and this video kind of creeps me out but it’s funny enough, it’s worth it.
6. I love the band and the video is even better! OK Go-On treadmills!
7. Can’t forget Numa Numa. I think this was the first YouTube video I ever saw! Yay!
8. My hubby and I watch re-runs of this show everyday and this was still my favorite episode. Richard Simmons on Who’s Line is it Anyway?
9. This guy is pretty talented! Two guitar Super Mario Brothers theme!
10. 1,500 inmates perform Micheal Jackson’s “Thriller”. Hey, If I were in prison I would have so joined in!
11. Oh my gosh. I cannot get enough of laughing babies and I know you can’t either. It’s even better when there are four at once!
12. A great way to get back at telemarketers! The best phone prank yet!
13. And last but not least; Great moments in Presidential Speeches. Bush, I don’t even know what to say about this.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
I know this is supposed to be wordless but I couldn’t help myself this pic needed an explanation. Here is the view of the sunset from our balcony. I didn’t edit this pic at all (I admit I do some of my others, but hey photoshop is the digital darkroom) the colors of this sunset were really that gorgeous I didn’t have to touch a thing. It looks like the sky is on fire. See them full size click here: 1, 2, 3.
Here is a picture of my first baby girl and my second, both taken at 3 months. The one on the left is Kayla who is now 2 and a ½ and the one on the right is a current picture of Avalynn. As you can tell I have SERIOUSLY upgraded in cameras.
Ever since Ava was born I thought she looked almost exactly like her sister, but now that I actually look at them side by side, I was pretty shocked at how different they look. (And I guess Kayla was the chunky one! Ava is tiny compared to her at the same age! We all thought it was the other way around!) Click here for full size view.
The idea is to copy and paste to your own blog and bold or underline the things you have done.
01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink
02. Swam with wild dolphins
03. Climbed a mountain
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone
08. Said “I love you” and meant it
09. Hugged a tree
10. Bungee jumped
11. Visited Paris
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise
14. Seen the Northern Lights
15. Gone to a huge sports game
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables
18. Touched an iceberg
19. Slept under the stars
20. Changed a baby’s diaper
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon
22. Watched a meteor shower
23. Gotten drunk on champagne
24. Given more than you can afford to charity
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
27. Had a food fight
28. Bet on a winning horse
29. Asked out a stranger
30. Had a snowball fight
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can
32. Held a lamb
33. Seen a total eclipse
34. Ridden a roller coaster
35. Hit a home run
36.Danced like a fool and didn’t care who was looking
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment
39. Had two hard drives for your computer
40. Visited all 50 states
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk
42. Had amazing friends
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country
44. Watched whales
45. Stolen a sign
46. Backpacked in Europe
47. Taken a road-trip
48. Gone rock climbing
49. Midnight walk on the beach
50. Gone sky diving
51. Visited Ireland
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them
54. Visited Japan
55. Milked a cow
56. Alphabetized your CDs
57. Pretended to be a superhero
58. Sung karaoke
59. Lounged around in bed all day
60. Played touch football
61. Gone scuba diving
62. Kissed in the rain
63. Played in the mud
64. Played in the rain
65. Gone to a drive-in theater
66. Visited the Great Wall of China
67. Started a business
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken
69. Toured ancient sites
70. Taken a martial arts class
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight
72. Gotten married
73. Been in a movie
74. Crashed a party
75. Gotten divorced
76. Gone without food for 5 days
77. Made cookies from scratch
78. Won first prize in a costume contest
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice
80. Gotten a tattoo
81. Rafted the Snake River
82. Been on television news programs as an “expert”
83. Gotten flowers for no reason
84. Performed on stage
85. Been to Las Vegas
86. Recorded music
87. Eaten shark
88. Kissed on the first date
89. Gone to Thailand
90. Bought a house
91. Been in a combat zone
92. Buried one/both of your parents
93. Been on a cruise ship
94. Spoken more than one language fluently
95. Performed in Rocky Horror
96. Raised children (in the process)
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
98. Passed out cold
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn’t stop when you knew someone was looking
103. Had plastic surgery
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived
105. Wrote articles for a large publication
106. Lost over 100 pounds
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback
108. Piloted an airplane
109. Touched a stingray
110. Broken someone’s heart
111. Helped an animal give birth
112. Won money on a T.V. game show
113. Broken a bone
114. Gone on an African photo safari
115. Had a facial part pierced other than your ears
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild
118. Ridden a horse
119. Had major surgery
120. Had a snake as a pet
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states
124. Visited all 7 continents
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
126. Eaten kangaroo meat
127. Eaten sushi
128. Had your picture in the newspaper
129. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about
130. Gone back to school
132. Touched a cockroach
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes
134. Read The Iliad – and the Odyssey
135. Selected one “important” author who you missed in school, and read
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating (do fish count?)
137. Skipped all your school reunions
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
139. Been elected to public office
140. Written your own computer language
141. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
143. Built your own PC from parts
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you
145. Had a booth at a street fair
146. Dyed your hair
147. Been a DJ
148. Shaved your head
149. Caused a car accident
150. Saved someone’s life
One word, and only one word, so here goes!
Your partner: Hot
Your hair: messy
Your Mother: cooks
Your Father: farts
Your Favorite Item: varies
Your dream last night: teeth
Your Favorite Drink: wine
Your Dream Car: escalade
Your Dream Home: NEED
The Room You Are In: dinofficoom
Your Ex: tard
Your fear: hopeful
Where you Want to be in Ten Years? home
Who you hung out with last night: family
What You’re Not: Outgoing
One of Your Wish List Items: lens
The Last Thing You Did: shopping
What You Are Wearing: pajamas
Your favorite weather: snow
Your Favorite Book: romance
Last thing you ate: leftovers
Your Life: crazy
Your mood: lazy
Your Best Friends: awesome
What are you thinking about right now: Christmas
Your car: tires
What are you doing at the moment: blogging
Your summer: devastating
Relationship status: Married
What is on your tv: blue’s
What is the weather like: Cool
When is the last time you laughed: lastnight
Yes, I know, I know…the final episode of The Bachelor aired yesterday but I Tivo’d it and watched it tonight so to me it’s like it just happened. I’m a little behind the times. I don’t know what else to say but, WHAT?
He didn’t choose anyone. He sent them both home! AGGHH! I was so pissed! Of course I was voting for Jenni. If I saw Deanna blink her eyes one more time I thought I might have to throw my TV off the balcony.
Anyways, after I saw this confusing episode, I went on the message boards on ABC.com and started reading. I came across a post that said it was from Brad himself and began reading;
“My lawyer suggested a put up a public post to avoid possible harassment in the future. I was not able to use my name – it was unavailable because someone had taken the screen name already.
First and foremost, I would like to say Thank You from the bottom of my heart for watching this show. I am grateful for the experience and will never regret it. I got to know 25 gorgeous ladies and had the time of my life.
I have not had a chance to read any of the posts yet, but I promise you all I will read each and every single one of them and take them to heart.
I just want to thank all my loyal fans for hanging in there with me and for all the presents, cards, support and stuffed animals I have received.
First I must ask some of those to please stop burning me in effigy. It’s been disturbing the past 24 hours walking around Austin and seeing life-size cardboard cut outs of me being set on fire. I obviously have issues, but those that would be so hurtful need to rethink their actions.
I truly cared about each woman. But ABC edited out most of my concerns, so you only have a small picture of what really happened. You can ask anyone who attended TFRC.
Jenni was wonderful girl but she was a kleptomaniac. After I left her apartment the final night, I found $20 missing from my wallet.
Deanna was drop dead gorgeous and so seemingly well put together, but ABC informed me at the last minute that she was mentally ill and believed she was blinking Morse code messages to aliens from the Planet Zephelon.
And Bettina was a dream come true until the overnight fantasy date when I discovered she had a p*nis.
So please keep in mind that there is more going on than you see on TV. If you are a normal woman and would like the chance to date me, please visit my myspace page or meet up with me at one of my bars. Looking forward to meeting you all!
Many Thanks and Blessings,
LMAO. I almost fell over I laughed so hard. Obviously this is not a message from the real Brad, but it was extremely entertaining nonetheless. The part about Deanna communicating with aliens by blinking Morse code, awesome.
But that has nothing to do with this blog. I couldn’t come up for a title to this blog, nor could I come up with anything to write in it. So I am going to make this my Friday meme. ; ) I hope you like!
Four jobs I have had in my life:
3. Night manager at Italian restaurant
4. Nursing assistant
Four movies I can watch over and over and over:
1. How to make an American quilt (I don’ know why but I can never get sick of this movie. One of my all time favorites!)
2. Titanic (This movie means a lot to me and my hubby as it came out while we were dating and were going through a very emotional time. We like to watch it together.)
3. Forrest Gump (I love that movie!)
4. American Beauty
Four tv shows I like to watch:
2. The Bachelor
3. The Biggest Loser
4. Ghost Hunters (on Sci-fi)
Four places I have vacationed:
1. Yosemite (Camping)
2. San Francisco
3. Idaho (Camping)
4. Sonora (CA)
Four of my favorite dinners:
1. Chicken enchiladas
2. Chicken fried steak
3. Parmesan chicken (yes I like chicken a lot okay?)
Four websites i visit daily:
1. My blog
2. Myspace- don’t even let me get in the debate with you between myspace and facebook
3. Other blogs from my sidebar blogroll
Four places i would rather be:
1. Sonora at the cabin
2. In Utah sledding with Kayla
3. In bed
4. At Disneyland with the kids
I’m tagging anyone who feels like doing a meme! Copy and paste!
Kayla and my hubby are taking a bath. I am talking with my hubby about Christmas (It’s my favorite holiday and I get excited and like to ask him what kind of tree we are going to get over and over). Kayla is holding a piece of soap that has been carved into a teddy bear that happens to be missing one of his legs.
Kayla: Oh no Dada, teddy ouchie.
My hubby: Yeah, ouchie, daddy likes to think that teddy lost his leg in teddynam.
Kayla: Me too, Dada.
I was tagged by my mother (vixensden) who apparently wants to put me to work. ; ) I figured I’d let you all know about my hubby and I!
A Little About Us
The basic facts:
Who is your significant other? My hubby, his name is Zech (Zechariah). He often hears it bellowed from the other room followed by a; “will you do me a favor?”
How long have you been together? Tough question. We met in 1997 at the age if 13 and 14. We had dated off and on since then followed by being together straight for the past four years and married for three of them. ; )
Dating/Engaged/Married? So very married.
How old is your S.O.? 24, but he can never remember how old he is so he asks me.
What’s his/her middle name? Lee
Who eats more? I think he can eat more than seven full grown men in one sitting (but he never gains a pound! ass!) so definitely him, by a long shot.
Who says “I love you” first? Usually him. He loves saying it over and over when he leaves for work.
Who weighs more? I do, again the guy never gains a pound!
Who sings better? Oh definitely him! He has a voice like Maynard James Keenan. I’m the only one who gets to hear it! …I sing terribly and he often gets this look on his face when I start singing that says “Is somebody skinning a cat?”
Who’s older? Him.
Who’s smarter? It depends on the subject, we could debate it for hours, though, and probably decide on a tie.
Whose temper is worse? MINE. I once threw an ashtray at him. But honestly, we haven’t fought like that in about 2 and a half years. It’s all good now!
Who does the laundry? We both used to do it, but when I got pregnant he didn’t want me to fall down the stairs or anything so he started doing it. He is still doing it, and I am mooching off the fact that he forgot that I can do it now.
Who does the dishes? I do. Kitchen is my job.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do. I sleep closest to baby’s crib and bassinet (not that she has ever spent the night in either cuz she is always in bed with me!)
Whose feet are bigger? His!
Whose hair is longer? Mine, is but often it is a tie.
Who’s better with the computer? I am. I know how to fix most things on the computer and am fairly good at html. He used to have me do his myspace for him, but hasn’t in a while.
Who mows the lawn? If we had a lawn he would do it.
Who pays the bills? He does. He makes all the money and then I arrange payment by phone. Wife, secretary. (I also schedule his doctors appt, call in his Rx, etc.)
Who cooks dinner? I cook breakfast, lunch and dinner but most of the time I forget to eat it. Kayla does not ever forget to eat. Ever.
Who drives when you are together? He does. He likes to be in charge.
Who pays when you go out to dinner? He does, he makes the money!
Who’s the most stubborn? Me. or him. gosh, can I call a tie?
Who is the first one to admit when they’re wrong? Him, I inherited the Iamneverwrong gene from my mom.
Whose parents do you see more? Mine, his mom lives in Utah, and he has never met his dad.
Who named your dog? We don’t have a dog. But when we did (RIP Kiki!-She is the little one!)I named her after a Fanta commercial. Wanna fanta? Don’tcha wanna, wanna fanta?
Who kisses who first? He kisses me or he demands to be kissed.
Who asked who out? He did, eighth grade science class we had together. He asked me for my number, I wrote it on his hand, the rest is history!
Who’s more sensitive? Me! I am a sappy crying hormonal woman! AAGGGHHH!
Who’s taller? He is by about 5 inches.
Who has more friends? Well, we only have mutual friends so it’s a tie. No one goes out for girl’s night or boy’s night in this house. If we go out, we go out together. We like it like that and are pretty inseparable.
Who has more siblings? I have two, he has two, but I will give this one to him because he is pretty sure he has about 27 half siblings he has never met.
Who wears the pants in the relationship? Depends on the time of day!
That’s what little girl’s are made of. ; )
Kayla Fashion: Installment 1
Today Kayla has gone into her room to put together an outfit for this Sunday’s 1st weekly edition of Kayla Fashion. We waited eagerly for her return to see what fashion genius she would bestow upon us.
And what an outfit it is!
Lets go over the brilliantly put together outfit shall we?
Hair: Something out of an 80’s Poison music video. Bold, brilliant, and daring!
Wardrobe: This outfit is by the brilliant designer “Hanes.” It appears to be one of her father’s under-tanks. With a touch of flair, Kayla has decided to put one of her arms through the neck-hole and wear it in a ‘cavemanesque’ type of style we fail to see very often. This brave model has my two thumbs pointing WAY up!
Accessories: Bright pink sunglasses! What a way to pull this outfit together! Not only are they gorgeous designer shades, she is wearing them upside down in a daring statement that SCREAMS anti-conformity.
All together I give Kayla a 10 for creativity and craftmanship!
And here is Kayla posing for our ‘fall’ line in her closet. Excellent choice in props!
Well, yesterday…hold on, the baby just crapped herself, got to go change her…
Okay, back! Wow, I didn’t get far into that thought before I was interrupted!
Anyways, yesterday we went to my parents house (Farkle Farms) and had a grand old time. We promised that we would arrive early and we sure did; around 2 in the afternoon, which is early for us. It takes us a while to get ready and drive down there. But apparently, these old folks (who rise with the rooster), weren’t appreciative of our efforts. ; P
We hung out and talked while the kids ran around on the trampoline, popping and hopping till they could bounce no more.
Afterwards, I walked around the property a bit, taking some photos as I went along. I’ll show you my favorite one, but I’m saving the rest for later (So Neener-Neener-Nee-NER!).
After dinner that night we played card games as planned. We learned how to play canasta and lost miserably at it to the old folks.
On a side note, I am so going to get smacked for referring to them as the ‘old folks.’
Canasta was alright for an ‘old folks’ game. Since we weren’t doing very well at one of their games, we challenged them to one of ours, and the bullshit commenced once again. Bullshit with my family is very entertaining. My hubby throws “bullshits” around like they are sand in the desert. Unfortunately, this means he ends up with most of the deck. Let me break this down into a simple equation for you;
My hubby + “Bullshit” = us losing MISERABLY
Although we weren’t playing teams, I still was rooting for my hubby in an attempt to win back our dignity and stomp the ‘old folks.’ After a while I knew I just had to give up. We were having our asses handed to us by a woman that couldn’t even remember what card we were playing at any given time and a man that thought it was a good idea to call BS on anyone that laid down a full set of any given card, even if he didn’t have any of that set in his hand.
But be warned, next week… next week will will take ’em DOWN!