You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘bored’ category.
So today I think I drank 2 TONS of water. Needless to say, my toilet has never had so much company. I also did squats while cooking dinner, push-ups while Kayla brushed her teeth and a few crunches while holding Ava in airplane position (an have completely convinced my children that I’m one screw loose). I didn’t have time to get a walk outside today, Kayla had occupational therapy and we had to finish cleaning up after the mess we made while spring cleaning (yes, somehow cleaning made our house messier then before…NEVER MESS WITH THE SHIT IN THE CLOSETS!).
I felt kind of sad today, saying goodbye to a lot of our old baby stuff. A lot of those items hold so many precious memories. We gave Kayla’s favorite swing to my bro and sis-in-law. Ava never really cared much for swings but Kayla LOVED hers. I remember seeing her little baby chubb all tucked into it, fast asleep. I used to put her in it and set in in the bathroom while I took a bath. She would coo and babble at me and every once in a while I’d splash a little water at her and she’d laugh.
Sometimes it’s hard for me to realize that the objects don’t hold the memories, I do. Perhaps why I’m still holding onto the burned chandelier from the dining room of our old house (It burned down in the San Diego wildfires last October-if you’re new to my blog). It’s terribly charred and distorted and looks nothing like it used to when it hung over our dining room table, but every time I see it, it’s feels as though I’ve lost this huge chunk of me. The hubbs was trying to convince me to throw it out yesterday while we were doing our spring cleaning, but I just don’t think I’m ready for that. Maybe next Spring.
I guess another reason it was so hard for me to part with all our old baby stuff is it just seems so final. Like this means for sure I am not having anymore children. If we did then we’d have to go out and buy all new baby stuff! I don’t want to be done having children. I loved being pregnant, I love kids! I just can’t have anymore right now. Now, if I won the lottery tomorrow, I’d be singing a different tune! I’d be knocked up by summer! But sadly, due to money problems (and the fact that I already have my hands full with a disabled toddler and clingy 7 month old) we just can’t live out our dreams of having a large family now.
I loved that baby stuff, but it’s just stuff. And even though I could still smell what Kayla smelled like as a baby on it’s cloth, that doesn’t mean I can’t smell it forever in my mind.
Okay…I’ve gone and made myself cry over a baby swing now. What a turd. Anyway, moving on…I know it’s going to hold my little baby niece or nephew in a few months and I know all of it will be appreciated. Then one day when their little one has grown and they have to get rid of it, they’ll know what I’m talking about now and won’t think I’ve just completely lost it!
Blah. What a weird post this is. Now going to get back to watching my Tivo’d shows like “The Bachelor.” Don’t be jealous. Haha!
|Thirteen Things I’m thinking about right now
1. We took Kayla to her speech therapy evaluation today and it didn’t go as well as I thought it would. They said she had severe receptive language impairment and moderate expressive language impairment. She will now be starting individual speech therapy twice a week for the next 6 months (for a total of 48 visits), then they will re-evaluate to see if more sessions are needed. They also referred me to get a developmental evaluation again because her cognitive abilities are very behind and she has a very bad attention deficit. On top of her occupational therapy. They told me she has to get in as much therapy as we can if we plan on enrolling her in “regular” school come time for kindergarten. I never actually thought of the fact that she may not be able to go to regular school.
2. I need to send in the forms CCS sent me to help me cover the co-pays for Kayla. We are spending roughly $45 dollars a week in co-pays now and lots more therapy is needed. We are also spending a lot in gas getting to all the appointments so we need to finish applying for her state disability to help with all the costs.
3. I talked to my gram earlier and she is going to be sending me her old palm pilot to help me get a little more organized with her appointments. Sweet!
4. The show Best week ever is funny.
5. Why is Tom Cruise so weird? He makes the most awesome movies yet he is so freaking bizarre. I think he is from another planet.
6. Kayla’s 3rd birthday is coming up VERY soon! My little girl is going to be three. WHERE DID THE TIME GO?? It’s too bad so many people can’t make it to the party.
7. My hubby bought me flowers and Starbucks the other morning for no reason. Isn’t that the nicest thing? I love him!
8. We are in desperate need of a second vehicle. Dang.
9. I gave Ava a haircut tonight. Her first one! I still have yet to take the kids anywhere to get their hair cut, I always do it myself. It looks fairly good. Maybe her hair won’t get matted in her sleep anymore.
10. David Cook should SO win American Idol. He is really good. It kind of bugs me that he looks like he might be balding and trying to cover it up by bushing forward his hair but that doesn’t change he fact that he is very talented. My favorite song he did so far was Eleanor Rigby. I just like his take on the song.
11. I can’t believe people would be stupid enough to think that a whole household of valuable items were theirs for the taking because of a craigslist ad. (Click here to read the article)
12. I wonder what little babies dream about. I would love to be in their heads for a night just to see the cute little baby dreams. I just went in to check on Ava and she kept smiling and giggling in her sleep. She’s probably dreaming about boobs!
13. Speaking of dreams, I had pretty much the most bizarre dream ever last night. I dreamed that I found out that Charles Manson was Ava’s real father. I know! WTF? I dreamt that I was going to visit a friend of mine and while I was waiting for her to answer the door Charles Manson came up behind me and handed me a pamphlet for something, then he asked if I remembered him. I was like, “uhh, no…” So I went inside my friends house because he was creeping me out. I told my friend about what happened and how weird it was and she said, “Don’t you remember him? Don’t you see the resemblance between him and Ava? He’s Ava’s real father!” I was like “Riiiiiiigggghhhhtt. Okay, this is a dream.” I woke myself up right then. I realized that I had that dream because the hubbs and I were talking about Charles Manson and how creepy he is right before I went to bed last night. I told my mom about it over the phone and she almost died laughing. She almost had to perform the Heimlich maneuver on my father who was eating a piece of pizza when she told him. She says she sees the resemblance, I, however, do not…
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
weird – “strikingly odd or unusual”
random – lacking any definite plan or order or purpose; governed by or depending on chance
I was tagged by http://mylittledrummerboys.blogspot.com/ to complete this 7 weird or random things meme.
I have to list 7 weird or random things about me and then tag 7 more people to do the same.
- I have an unhealthy fear of spiders and cheese graters. Yes, that’s right, cheese graters. They scare me. Why? Could you imagine if you accidentally dropped that piece of cheese and grated your hand instead? Eek! I make my hubby do all the cheese grating around here. Either that or we buy pre-shredded. And spiders, don’t get me started. I can’t even see a picture of of one without screaming and running from the room.
- I have two tattoos and plan on getting another one in April. GASP! TATTOOS?? She must worship the DEVIL! No, one is a butterfly on my shoulder (Oh I know, so original…) and the other is an anklet tattoo of my daughter’s name with a ladybug. I plan on getting my second daughters name on the other ankle next month.
- I picked my first daughters name because I had a dream about it. I had a very realistic dream that I had a little girl named Kayla when my hubby and I were first dating. The next day I was at the doctors office and this little girl came and sat next to me in the waiting room. She looked at me and waved her little fingers and then her mom said “Kayla, come here.” I was pretty dumbfounded by the whole thing so I decided that when we did have children, that would be her name.
- I picked out my second daughters name by picking out Ava, a name I had always liked, and adding my mothers middle name, Lynn. So, Avalynn’s first name was decided in an aim conversation with my mother.
- I used to ride motorcycles with my family as a kid I have many a scars from crashing. But I sure do miss riding.
- I grew up in Utah as a catholic girl. I even attended catholic school. I also used to have a boys haircut that all the children used to make fun of me over.
- I think breastfed baby diapers smell like popcorn. I kind of like the way they smell and that makes me incredibly weird.
I think I will tag:
Don’t ask me why my links are freaking out. I tried to fix it but I can’t figure it out. Anyway, you know who you are, do it IF you have time!
8 Things I’m passionate about
Being a good mommy
My extended family
Finding humor in my life
8 Things I want to do before I die
Own my own home
Get my kids through college
Own my own photography store
Visit other countries
Finish learning to speak Spanish
Watch my daughters walk down the isle to a deserving husband
Hold my granbabies one day
Renew my wedding vows
8 Things I often say
“Don’t poke the baby’s eye out!”
“Okay, I have a question…”
“How was your day?”
“I love you so much!”
“You pretty girl!”
“You are so smart!”
“Where is your juice?”
“What should I make for dinner?”
8 Books I’ve recently or currently reading
I have two small children. I don’t have time to read. I barely have enouh time to have a blog!
8 Songs I could listen to over and over
Smashing pumpkins – Ava Adore
Don’t fear the Reaper – Gus
A forest – The Cure
Lucky you – Deftones
Locked in a cage – Skillet
Happy birthday – The Birthday Massacre
Lovesong – The Cure
Blue – A Perfect Circle
8 Things that attract me to my best friendsHumor ———- Honesty Intelligence ————— Wit
Positivity ———- Good listener
8 People I think should do Crazy 8s
For this I think I will use some of my recent commenters. Because I luff them! ❤
Today I was bored so I whipped out the camera and decided to take some pictures.
Only I didn’t want to leave my house.
And I couldn’t think of anything else to do…so, I got all dressed up and took pictures of myself.
Don’t even pretend like you’ve never done it! It’s fun and some day my kids will be glad they had some pictures of me when I was young. I don’t know, that’s just the excuse I tell myself. Anyways, last night I was cruising the net and I came across Sarcastic Mom’s blog. Actually, I think I have seen it a couple other times we have given a few comments to each other in the past… *Anyways!* She has started this photo documentary called Everyday Me –she has a lot of things she does everyday including one on a different part of her body every day for a year, you should check that out as well.
I thought that was a really cool idea especially after I saw the video another blogger had already made of hers. Here is the video;
It’s pretty frickin’ cool, huh? Well, I showed it to my hubby and he decided he wanted to do it (He doesn’t even have a blog), so I decided I wanted to give it a try too. My hubby also thought it would be a good idea to do the kids as well. Wouldn’t it be neat to actually watch them age? Maybe I’ll live in a dream world and play it in reverse when I’m done, watch them turn back into babies!
So I already took a picture for today (and kids and hubby too), I went ahead and did it while I was all dressed up for the other pictures I was going to take. I think I will start the [blog] page about it once I get a few more pictures going. Hopefully, this isn’t just another one of the things I try to start but then get bored and give up. But, I do that a lot so ya never know…
Anyways I took some self portraits, I haven’t done any in a while these ones were just for fun and not in relation to that other project. But I’ll share anyways. ; D
Okay, once again my post is not-so-Wordless but I have heard that there are no rules to WW so I am going to do something that may bore a couple of you. I am repeating last weeks WW again because my Internet was broken and I had to post it on Thursday, not many people got a chance to see it. I did however just post a new post below this one with video! So if you saw this one last week simply scroll down and read my last post for some entertainment. Or click here. If your really in the mood for entertainment and you missed it, click here to see a picture of my face covered in coffee grounds. To the rest of you, Happy Wordless Wednesday!
Okay, so WordPress strips the code right out so I can’t show it to you. I am finding more and more reasons to h-a-t-e worpress. But you can still go check it out for yourself. it works on Blogger and myspace…
Your Christmas Song Is
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true…
All I want for Christmas is
YouYou only want one thing for Christmas
Love from one special person – and you’ve got it!
Your Christmas Stocking Will Be Filled With Little Wrapped Presents
You’ve made Santa a very happy fellow this year.
Don’t worry – what happens at the North Pole stays at the North Pole!
You Are a Traditional Christmas Tree
For a good Christmas, you don’t have to re-invent the wheel.
You already have traditions, foods, and special things you bring out every year.
Here is a picture of my first baby girl and my second, both taken at 3 months. The one on the left is Kayla who is now 2 and a ½ and the one on the right is a current picture of Avalynn. As you can tell I have SERIOUSLY upgraded in cameras.
Ever since Ava was born I thought she looked almost exactly like her sister, but now that I actually look at them side by side, I was pretty shocked at how different they look. (And I guess Kayla was the chunky one! Ava is tiny compared to her at the same age! We all thought it was the other way around!) Click here for full size view.
But that has nothing to do with this blog. I couldn’t come up for a title to this blog, nor could I come up with anything to write in it. So I am going to make this my Friday meme. ; ) I hope you like!
Four jobs I have had in my life:
3. Night manager at Italian restaurant
4. Nursing assistant
Four movies I can watch over and over and over:
1. How to make an American quilt (I don’ know why but I can never get sick of this movie. One of my all time favorites!)
2. Titanic (This movie means a lot to me and my hubby as it came out while we were dating and were going through a very emotional time. We like to watch it together.)
3. Forrest Gump (I love that movie!)
4. American Beauty
Four tv shows I like to watch:
2. The Bachelor
3. The Biggest Loser
4. Ghost Hunters (on Sci-fi)
Four places I have vacationed:
1. Yosemite (Camping)
2. San Francisco
3. Idaho (Camping)
4. Sonora (CA)
Four of my favorite dinners:
1. Chicken enchiladas
2. Chicken fried steak
3. Parmesan chicken (yes I like chicken a lot okay?)
Four websites i visit daily:
1. My blog
2. Myspace- don’t even let me get in the debate with you between myspace and facebook
3. Other blogs from my sidebar blogroll
Four places i would rather be:
1. Sonora at the cabin
2. In Utah sledding with Kayla
3. In bed
4. At Disneyland with the kids
I’m tagging anyone who feels like doing a meme! Copy and paste!