You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘meme’ category.
For this weeks edition of
Your 3(!) big years of life in 15 little pictures.
You started out life so rough. Sometimes it’s hard to believe you are still here with me. I’m thankful every day for you.
I loved you from the begining, with a love so strong it sometimes suffocates me.
I never wanted to put you down, you were always in my arms. My little ladybug.
I loved your baby rolls, those chubby cheeks I loved to kiss.
I am so proud of you, baby girl.
You’re the best of both worlds; so gentle and so sweet with so much energy and spunk.
I wish I could see the world through your beautiful brown eyes.
You make me want to be a better person.
You always make me smile. From the inside out.
You’re so goofy. Just like your mommy.
You have your father’s will.
We’ve been through some tough times, angel.
I’ve been there through every tear.
And every time we’ve laughed together.
You Are My Sunshine
My “little” sunshine.
You make me happy
When skies are grey.
You’ll never know, dear,
How much I love you.
Please don’t take my sunshine away
I love you, baby girl. Happy early birthday to my everything.
|Thirteen Things I’m thinking about right now
1. We took Kayla to her speech therapy evaluation today and it didn’t go as well as I thought it would. They said she had severe receptive language impairment and moderate expressive language impairment. She will now be starting individual speech therapy twice a week for the next 6 months (for a total of 48 visits), then they will re-evaluate to see if more sessions are needed. They also referred me to get a developmental evaluation again because her cognitive abilities are very behind and she has a very bad attention deficit. On top of her occupational therapy. They told me she has to get in as much therapy as we can if we plan on enrolling her in “regular” school come time for kindergarten. I never actually thought of the fact that she may not be able to go to regular school.
2. I need to send in the forms CCS sent me to help me cover the co-pays for Kayla. We are spending roughly $45 dollars a week in co-pays now and lots more therapy is needed. We are also spending a lot in gas getting to all the appointments so we need to finish applying for her state disability to help with all the costs.
3. I talked to my gram earlier and she is going to be sending me her old palm pilot to help me get a little more organized with her appointments. Sweet!
4. The show Best week ever is funny.
5. Why is Tom Cruise so weird? He makes the most awesome movies yet he is so freaking bizarre. I think he is from another planet.
6. Kayla’s 3rd birthday is coming up VERY soon! My little girl is going to be three. WHERE DID THE TIME GO?? It’s too bad so many people can’t make it to the party.
7. My hubby bought me flowers and Starbucks the other morning for no reason. Isn’t that the nicest thing? I love him!
8. We are in desperate need of a second vehicle. Dang.
9. I gave Ava a haircut tonight. Her first one! I still have yet to take the kids anywhere to get their hair cut, I always do it myself. It looks fairly good. Maybe her hair won’t get matted in her sleep anymore.
10. David Cook should SO win American Idol. He is really good. It kind of bugs me that he looks like he might be balding and trying to cover it up by bushing forward his hair but that doesn’t change he fact that he is very talented. My favorite song he did so far was Eleanor Rigby. I just like his take on the song.
11. I can’t believe people would be stupid enough to think that a whole household of valuable items were theirs for the taking because of a craigslist ad. (Click here to read the article)
12. I wonder what little babies dream about. I would love to be in their heads for a night just to see the cute little baby dreams. I just went in to check on Ava and she kept smiling and giggling in her sleep. She’s probably dreaming about boobs!
13. Speaking of dreams, I had pretty much the most bizarre dream ever last night. I dreamed that I found out that Charles Manson was Ava’s real father. I know! WTF? I dreamt that I was going to visit a friend of mine and while I was waiting for her to answer the door Charles Manson came up behind me and handed me a pamphlet for something, then he asked if I remembered him. I was like, “uhh, no…” So I went inside my friends house because he was creeping me out. I told my friend about what happened and how weird it was and she said, “Don’t you remember him? Don’t you see the resemblance between him and Ava? He’s Ava’s real father!” I was like “Riiiiiiigggghhhhtt. Okay, this is a dream.” I woke myself up right then. I realized that I had that dream because the hubbs and I were talking about Charles Manson and how creepy he is right before I went to bed last night. I told my mom about it over the phone and she almost died laughing. She almost had to perform the Heimlich maneuver on my father who was eating a piece of pizza when she told him. She says she sees the resemblance, I, however, do not…
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
|Thirteen Pictures from our trip to the Beach
The nice thing about living in Southern California is even though there is still snow melting in many states, it’s nice and warm here. We took the kids out to the beach yesterday. It was Ava’s first time and she absolutely hated it. We still had a great time, and Ava was fairly content as long as NO PART OF HER BODY TOUCHED ANY SAND. The water was still freezing, but Kayla insisted on going in.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
weird – “strikingly odd or unusual”
random – lacking any definite plan or order or purpose; governed by or depending on chance
I was tagged by http://mylittledrummerboys.blogspot.com/ to complete this 7 weird or random things meme.
I have to list 7 weird or random things about me and then tag 7 more people to do the same.
- I have an unhealthy fear of spiders and cheese graters. Yes, that’s right, cheese graters. They scare me. Why? Could you imagine if you accidentally dropped that piece of cheese and grated your hand instead? Eek! I make my hubby do all the cheese grating around here. Either that or we buy pre-shredded. And spiders, don’t get me started. I can’t even see a picture of of one without screaming and running from the room.
- I have two tattoos and plan on getting another one in April. GASP! TATTOOS?? She must worship the DEVIL! No, one is a butterfly on my shoulder (Oh I know, so original…) and the other is an anklet tattoo of my daughter’s name with a ladybug. I plan on getting my second daughters name on the other ankle next month.
- I picked my first daughters name because I had a dream about it. I had a very realistic dream that I had a little girl named Kayla when my hubby and I were first dating. The next day I was at the doctors office and this little girl came and sat next to me in the waiting room. She looked at me and waved her little fingers and then her mom said “Kayla, come here.” I was pretty dumbfounded by the whole thing so I decided that when we did have children, that would be her name.
- I picked out my second daughters name by picking out Ava, a name I had always liked, and adding my mothers middle name, Lynn. So, Avalynn’s first name was decided in an aim conversation with my mother.
- I used to ride motorcycles with my family as a kid I have many a scars from crashing. But I sure do miss riding.
- I grew up in Utah as a catholic girl. I even attended catholic school. I also used to have a boys haircut that all the children used to make fun of me over.
- I think breastfed baby diapers smell like popcorn. I kind of like the way they smell and that makes me incredibly weird.
I think I will tag:
Don’t ask me why my links are freaking out. I tried to fix it but I can’t figure it out. Anyway, you know who you are, do it IF you have time!
Ha! I had you fooled there for a second, huh? No, it’s not mine…This is my good friends ultrasound she got done on Monday. It’s a Jellybean! She is probably around five-six weeks preggo now. He guesstimated her due date to be around Halloween. The baby is so small now that he couldn’t get a real accurate idea as to her due date so she goes back towards the end of the month to have another ultrasound done. I’m totally thrilled! Can’t wait for fall, I will be an auntie! (2x over thanks to my sister-in-law and now my friend!) Yay!
WordlessWednesday: Parade of the bath toys. This is what happens when I don’t go outside to take pictures all week, then realize that it’s Wednesday and I don’t have a picture for my WW; I hunt for something around the house to take pictures of, settle on something crappy, and mess around with them for a bit n Photoshop. Maybe you could tell me your favorite…I promise I’ll put more effort in next week!
For this weeks
Wordless Wednesday I am going to brag some more about my new stuff I got with the tax refund. Why? Because I’m freaking cool like that.
Have I mentioned I love refund time? I FRUXADECKXXING LOVE REFUND TIME! …Perhaps that will do it.
These pictures are of my new photography lighting kit. I cannot describe the excitement I have over having these beauties. Now my portraits can be 100 Bwazimillillion x better.
A good friend of mine put a good chunk of money on a gift card for me to get these for Christmas, but I decided I wanted different, tiny bit more expensive ones so I had to wait until now to get them. BUT THEY ARE SO FREAKING AWESOME. Now, if only people would come visit me, I would have models for my pictures. (Per se, pregnancy pictures of a certain relative of mine!) Well, what are ya gonna do? I can always just subject my kids to hours of unnecessary cute puffy-wuffy-WHY-ON-EARTH-ARE-YOU-MAKING-ME-WEAR-THIS-MOM photography.
8 Things I’m passionate about
Being a good mommy
My extended family
Finding humor in my life
8 Things I want to do before I die
Own my own home
Get my kids through college
Own my own photography store
Visit other countries
Finish learning to speak Spanish
Watch my daughters walk down the isle to a deserving husband
Hold my granbabies one day
Renew my wedding vows
8 Things I often say
“Don’t poke the baby’s eye out!”
“Okay, I have a question…”
“How was your day?”
“I love you so much!”
“You pretty girl!”
“You are so smart!”
“Where is your juice?”
“What should I make for dinner?”
8 Books I’ve recently or currently reading
I have two small children. I don’t have time to read. I barely have enouh time to have a blog!
8 Songs I could listen to over and over
Smashing pumpkins – Ava Adore
Don’t fear the Reaper – Gus
A forest – The Cure
Lucky you – Deftones
Locked in a cage – Skillet
Happy birthday – The Birthday Massacre
Lovesong – The Cure
Blue – A Perfect Circle
8 Things that attract me to my best friendsHumor ———- Honesty Intelligence ————— Wit
Positivity ———- Good listener
8 People I think should do Crazy 8s
For this I think I will use some of my recent commenters. Because I luff them! ❤
|Thirteen Reasons I am excited to be an auntie!
1. Because little babies are cute, and even though I just had one you can never have enough babies around.
2. Because this will be my first niece or nephew on my families side.
3. So my two youngsters have a little cousin to play with, close in age.
4. Because my brother will make an excellent father, and his wife will make an excellent mother.
5. Because there is a good chance there will finally be a boy in the family! (but I’m not putting all my eggs in one basket!)
6. Because I get to be there for the birth and I get totally excited about people birthing babies! (I know, I’m weird. I could watch a baby story and birth day live for hours on end.)
7. There will be another baby for me to focus my attention on so I won’t focus on my other need to incessantly make babies. Hahaha.
8. I will get to babysit a lot. They may not know this yet, but whether or not they like this, it’s true.
9. I can’t wait to see how cute their little chubster is going to be.
10. We will have way more in common with them (my brother and soon-to-be sister in law) and they won’t get so bored with talk of diapers and babies.
11. I can’t wait to see how pale in the face my brother is going to get during the delivery.
12. I have an excuse to buy cute new baby stuff!
13. I can’t wait until they get to feel that strong loving bond parents feel with their babies, that no matter how much you try to imagine during the pregnancy, always ends up amazing you beyond belief.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
Okay, once again my post is not-so-Wordless but I have heard that there are no rules to WW so I am going to do something that may bore a couple of you. I am repeating last weeks WW again because my Internet was broken and I had to post it on Thursday, not many people got a chance to see it. I did however just post a new post below this one with video! So if you saw this one last week simply scroll down and read my last post for some entertainment. Or click here. If your really in the mood for entertainment and you missed it, click here to see a picture of my face covered in coffee grounds. To the rest of you, Happy Wordless Wednesday!
I’m back to internetland! Yay! I was pulling out my hair going so long without it. With my luck everyone will have forgotten about my blog and gone on their merry ways! Anyways, again, my post it not-so-wordless. I went to the park this week with the kids and managed to get amazing shots! Here they are, I hope you really enjoy them.
|Thirteen Things about I LOVE ABOUT LITTLE BaBiEs!Please note: All opinions expressed herein may be that of a mom that is holding a four month old baby as she types and therefore may be biased.
1. Baby breath. Although it’s hormone releasing properties match that of puppy breath, it comes with the added bonus of smelling like sweet butter.
2. Cute little baby hairdo’s. Mine is sporting a natural hawk!
3. They way their little toes wiggle when ever you pick them up.
4. The way they dream about eating and do that little sucking face!
5. How soft their skin is.
6. That baby smell! (Yuck, not that one silly!)
7. Their fuzzy little heads.
8. How now matter what you are doing (dishes, etc.) hey stare at you like you are the most interesting thing they have ever seen.
9. Belly laughs!
10. The way those tiny little fingers feel wrapped around yours.
11. How they smile when you walk into the room.
12. How much fun it is to tickle them.
13. Their squishy little cheeks. Their squishy wittle moochie wootsie cheeks…
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
I am so bad at making these things Wordless.
This picture is of a Barbie (or “Bawbie” pronounced with a Jersey accent as Kayla would call it) that I got Kayla for her 18-month birthday. Yes, you heard that right, 18-month birthday.
I don’t know about any of you moms out there, and I may just be sounding crazy, but I celebrated every month of the first year of my first-born’s life. Every month she had a home made cake on the 3rd (whether she could eat it or not) and when she turned one I decided maybe I should only celebrate half years after that. We are currently a part of the birthday ONCE a year club, as mom cannot bake a cake once a month for the rest of your LIFE and isn’t quite sure what she was thinking once she started this.
Now that I have another kid, I’m like, how old is she again? Four or five months? …I don’t remember… Not because kid number two is any less special or anything, but because celebrating a birthday every month requires energy. Energy that would be better used on say, fighting off a kicking, screaming, flailing toddler that absolutely will die if she doesn’t get to watch Blue’s Clue’s at that very exact second no matter where in the world you are or what you are doing.
Maybe I just clung to the fact that she was still alive and celebrating on the third of each month was just my way of coming to grips with the fact that, yes, she truly was there, alive and breathing next to me.
Anyways, back to my not-so-Wordless Wednesday. This is a picture of the Barbie I gave her on her 18-month birthday as one of her gifts. She could have cared less about it at the time seeing as how it is not really an age appropriate toy for an 18-month-old, but now it has become her latest obsession. “Bawbie” must eat sleep, bathe, and yes, my friends, even sit on the potty with us.
After our bath the other day, Kayla told me that “Bawbie” needed a diaper. I tried to explain to her that Barbie was a big girl that used the potty and tried to tell her that she should take some pointers from Barbie, but it was a no go. So after much persuasion, mommy cut up one of Sissies diapers that she had outgrown and taped it to Barbie. Because Barbie poops herself.